Friday, May 25, 2012

Tunics....

Here are a couple of tunics that I made at Sewjourn last weekend (see previous post)
 I used one of Rachel's patterns from Ottobre which was actually a 'Top' pattern.
I made it wider in the centre front to make my gathers/pleats for a bit of interest, and just made the hem longer and a bit wider. I think they both turned out really well. I wasn't sure about the slinky fabric in the photo above, but once made it feels great.
 Rachel gave me this textured black knit fabric (gee, I'm a free loader aren't I?)
She didn't like it, I really liked it. But it turned out much harder to work with than I imagined. I had to unpick the arm and neck bindings umpteen times to get the fit right.
But, overall I am very happy with it, you can see the texture in the pic above.
Kathryn.

5 comments:

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Very nice Kathryn. I love a tunic or two for winter with my woolly leggings.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Menudo cambio!!! quedó precioso, besos
Chelo

Tanya said...

They both look gorgeous- well done. I love how that fabric print in the top one has turned out. And, do you speak Spanish?

Purple Pam said...

Sus vestidos, que bonita!

5Bent Needles said...

love the border fabric print in the top photo. well done with both items of sewing.